USA Deaf Sports Federation is collecting resumes and cover letters for the 2019 Winter Deaflympics Team Leader.
Team Leader is an unpaid volunteer position. Background check and completion of Safe Sports (certificate) will be required.
2019 Winter Deaflympics will take place in 2019 January, location TBD.
Deadline to apply is Monday, December 3, 2017
Send applications to email@example.com with subject to state “2019 Winter Deaflympics Team Leader Application”.
Team Leader Duties (subject to change):
1. Appoint the most qualified trainers, doctors and staff of various teams with the approval of the committee and the Executive Board;
2. Select, with the assistance of the coaches and the committee, the best possible training site(s), so that all team members shall have an opportunity to train unhampered by distractions;
3. Decide, after deliberating with the coaches, the team personnel to represent the USA after a period of training with all athletes prior to departure for the competitions;
4. With the committee’s assistance, select and purchase all necessary training and competition equipment and clothing for the respective athletes on the US delegation;
5. Be in constant consultation with all coaches, trainers and doctors to be totally familiar with the progress of the athletes;
6. Be the person to reside with and accompany the athletes at all times during the Games and look after their welfare and interests;
7. While on-site, be available for emergencies as needed; and,
8. Attend all meetings and coordination events with the Deaflympic Organizing Committee and ICSD.
Any questions regarding these positions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.