USA Deaf Bowling is now advertising for a coach to serve a three-year term recruiting and developing a National Team of women and men athletes to compete in the 4th World Championships in Taoyuan, Chinese Taipei, in September 2019, and the 24th Summer Deaflympics in 2021, as well as in national competitions and training camps.
- Years of experience in the field of coaching Bowling on both international and domestic levels.
- Credentials in coach certificate, training, teaching, sports medicine, etc.
- Years of experience of playing Bowling on all levels.
- Years of experience in associating with deaf and hard of hearing athletes in Bowling.
- Ability to communicate in American Sign Language (New signer must learn ASL to communicate with the players).
- Certificate Completion/Document of USOC’s SafeSport policy, USOC’s SafeSport handbook and completed USADSF’s SafeSport training (when available).
- Criminal background check with National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI) – http://www.ncsisafe.com
- Have current coaching certificate(s) in Bowling.
- Hold current basic first-aid, CPR, and coach’s safety training card (e.g., USOC’s Safe Sports program).
- Have current passport or already applied for one (confirmation receipt or letter). NOTE: Passports in any case must be valid at least 6 months after the conclusion of the international competition.
- Willingness to learn American Sign Language.
- Be 25 years of age or older.
Interested applicants should review the USA Deaf Bowling Coach Criteria to submit applications by June 1, 2018:
USA Deaf Bowling Coach Criteria