On July 8, athletes and coaches arrived in Indianapolis for their 1-week training camp prior to the World Deaf Athletics Championships (WDAC). After a week long camp, we boarded a charter bus to Toronto. Team USA completed 5 days WDAC competition by bringing home 10 medals. There were a total of 27 countries with 241 athletes. 87 were female athletes and 154 were male athletes.
The medal winners were:
1) Men’s 400m – Delvin Furlough
2) Men’s 110m Hurdles – Joshua Hembrough (new Championship record)
3) Women’s 100m Hurdles – Janna Vander Meulen
4) Women’s 400m Hurdles – Janna Vander Meulen
5) Men’s 100m – Joshua Hembrough
6) Men’s Discus – Onyemachi Davis
7) Men’s Decathlon – Craig Saalfeld
8) Men’s 4x400m Relay – Delvin Furlough, Jonathan Ford, Immanuel Neubauer, & Joshua Hembrough
9) Women’s 3000m Steeplechase – Erin LaFave
10) Women’s 4x100m Relay – Xylonda Collins, Janna Vander Meulen, Saria Webb, & Mariah Jackson
For full results, medal winners, medal standings, new Championship records, list of athletes and countries can be found here - http://www.usadtf.org/pdf/2012-WDAC-Summary.pdf
Thanks to Holly Saalfeld for taking lots of photos from training camp to the last day of competition. You can view photos here - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150950765323403.417108.504248402
Thank you all for your support!